Yes! Your spouse and children under 21 can come with you to the U.S. They will come with a J2 visa, as dependents to your J1 visa.

Your spouse can apply for work authorization once that person has arrived in the U.S. Processing times for work authorization is about 3 months. 

The video below provides some insights about bringing your family to the US.

Did this answer your question?